Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sports, Food, and Sports Food

Posted by Iroquois Plisken

1. Introduction on Sports

Ever since I was a sequentially designated infant in the Illuminatus compound, I have been a huge fan of the Florida Gators. It was there foretold that the world of college sports will favor the Florida Gators. This recent run of championships has not been coincidence or the result of hard work. Oh no, friends. This was predetermined. Aside from the Gators, though, my greatest sports passion is college football, so that will be a preponderance of my writing.

In addition to the Florida Gators, I’m a big fan of the Orlando Magic, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Boston Red Sox. Yes, one of them does not fit in there, but I’ve been consistent in my following. In addition, I don’t find NASCAR revolting, I don’t understand hockey, and Margaret Thatcher is quite a proficient water skier.

2. Introduction on Food

Seeing as how the majority of my existence has been spent in the South, I have a great love for food indigenous to the region. If you think a food contributes to the obesity epidemic in America, chances are it is high on my list of good eats. This is a good segway sentence into Sports Food.

3. Introduction on Sports Food

Florida v. Ole Miss, 2007. Feast your eyes upon this grandeur of a concession:

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v133/207/101/2032075/n2032075_42386848_8098.jpg

That’s paprika, nachos, melted cheese, and barbeque pulled pork. I have yet to see any in-stadium concession that comes close.

My drink of choice during football viewing is bourbon, sweet tea, and lemonade. The ingredients are pretty self-explanatory. I was forever hooked on bourbon during my trip to the Kentucky Derby when Seattle Slew and I went on a three day bender right after the race. Try a proportion of 35% bourbon, 55% sweet tea, and 10% lemonade.

4. Issues That Bother Me with Tangential Relevance to Aforementioned 3 Things

Who at the FOX Network decided that Michael Strahan was charismatic enough to graduate from endorsements and studio analysis to sitcoms? Also, doesn’t it seem like they use the same house for Tyler Perry’s television shows?

Now that the significant awkwardness of getting to know each other is over, I do hope you’ll find your way back here in the future. If not, expect a visit from Dave Coulier.

No comments:

Post a Comment